Desk Project – Workbench and Computer

I made these desks quite a while ago and I am releasing the files to make them today. Very inexpensive to make and long lasting quality. These desks can also be taken apart and moved relatively easy.

The computer desk features a lofted bed option but works great without it also. Fits all the monitors you might need and is very sturdy.

The workbench can fit full length “rack sized” equipment on the shelving, expanding options for electronic test setups. Like the computer desk, it is extremely sturdy holding many hundreds of pounds on the shelving.

The equipment needed to make the desks are a chop saw (with 45-degree angle cuts), circular saw, sander, ratchet set, drill, drills, 1/4″-20 3″ long carriage bolts, nuts and washers, some type of wood varnish/stain.

Inventor Files for both

Computer Desk with Lofted Bed (pdf)

Adding Aux port to old Nissan Radio and light repair

Display Backlighting Repair

I have an old 2003 Nissan car. The light on the clock/radio never worked from purchase (also the shifter light). The original lights used to light the front panel of the radio were of an incandescent type and soldered surface-mount to the PCB, really annoying. I decided on replacing the lights with surface-mount LEDs. The front panel lights are powered from the car itself, not from the radio.

Continue reading “Adding Aux port to old Nissan Radio and light repair”

New Domain and Server

A quick blog update.

The domain ‘’ is going to expire soon. I came to the conclusion that the domain is hard to pronounce since it has a long name. The domain name was also too focused on electronics because I can cover other topics also.

I changed the domain to ‘’ to make it generalized and make it easier to type. It is also my name to bring a personal feel to the website. I am also in the process of changing my Youtube channel name to ‘Pat’s Projects’.

I also updated the server to a Bitnami WordPress image. Previously, I installed WordPress and the server components manually. This took many hours to get the server stable. I ended up using Nginx with MariaDB. There were some small permission related errors that still persisted until I upgraded to the Bitnami image. The server image started flawlessly. WordPress was ready to go in about 3 minutes. The only snag was implementing SSL on the site which I fixed by using CertBot.

HTPC Build

I wanted to build a small PC to stream Netflix and Youtube on a TV. Looking into options, I first looked at purpose-built dongles, PCs. I didn’t like how stripped down their OS was, limited to certain “apps”, locked out of admin privileges. I decided to build my own x86 based HTPC. This would provide the most customization potential.

Continue reading “HTPC Build”